- 2018 Primary Election Voters Guide – English
- 2018 Primary Election Voters Guide – Spanish
- Compare candidates with VOTE411.org
The upcoming Texas primary is an extremely important election in Texas!
Voters in the Texas primaries and conventions choose who will run for office in the General Election. For many communities in Texas, their elected officials are chosen in the primary election because many districts heavily favor one party over the other.
Texas has open primaries. That means that ALL Texas voters can participate in one of these events. Voters who don’t strongly identify with any political party can and should carefully consider the choices and participate in one of the primaries or conventions.
But you can only participate in one. Once a voter has voted in one party, that voter cannot participate in another party’s election or convention. The League encourages all registered voters to participate in the Texas Primary Election and vote for the best candidates.
Don’t forget, voting in a primary does not commit you to vote for a particular candidate or party in the general election.
Important Texas Primary Runoff Election dates
- Apply to vote by mail
- Last Day to Register to Vote - Monday, April 23, 2018
- Early Vote: Monday, May 14, 2018 - Friday, May 18, 2018
- Last Day to Apply to Vote by Mail (Received, not Postmarked) - Friday, May 11, 2018
- Election Day: Tuesday, May 22, 2018
Quick Voter Links
- VOTE411.org Voters guide, candidate info., personal ballot, where to vote, vote by mail...
- Voters Guide for candidates running statewide
- Vote by Mail Application Fill out, sign, scan then email signed form to your elections official
- Voter Hotline! Election Protection
- County Election officials for sample ballots, where to vote, register to vote
- Federal Voting Assistance Program for service members, their families, and overseas citizens
- Local Leagues for information on elections in your community.
What Do They Do? A short video explanation of state elected offices
- Texas Senator
- Texas Representative
- Comptroller of Public Accounts
- Attorney General
- Texas Court of Criminal Appeals
- Texas Supreme Court
- State Board of Education
- Railroad Commissioner
- Agricultural Commissioner
- Lieutenant Governor
- Land Commissioner