Amber Briggle (Denton) Issue Chair
Coalitions & Resources
- Equality Texas works to secure full equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender Texans through political action, education, community organizing, and collaboration. The Equality Texas Foundation works to secure full equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender Texans through education, community organizing, and collaboration.
- The Texas Freedom Network is a nonpartisan, grassroots organization of more than 100,000 religious and community leaders. Based in Austin, the Texas Freedom Network acts as the state's watchdog, monitoring far-right issues, organizations, money, and leaders.
- Texas Competes mission is to provide a unified voice for the Texas business community on the clear economic and business case for a Texas that offers fair treatment of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people. That unified voice takes the form of the Texas Competes pledge.
- Human Rights Campaign (HRC) The Human Rights Campaign represents a force of more than 1.5 million members and supporters nationwide. As the largest national lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer civil rights organization, HRC envisions a world where LGBTQ people are ensured of their basic equal rights, and can be open, honest and safe at home, at work and in the community.
- Texas Association of Businesses (TAB) Representing companies from the largest multi-national corporations to small businesses in nearly every community of our state, TAB works to improve the Texas business climate and to help make our state's economy the strongest in the world. Among State Legislators and their staff, TAB is one of the best known of the statewide organizations and considered by a majority as THE voice of business in Texas.
- National Center for Transgender Equality a resource for "Voting While Trans: Preparing for Voter ID Laws"
- LGBTQ = Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer/Questioning
- LGBTQIA = Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, Asexual
"The League of Women Voters of the United States believes that the federal government shares with other levels of government the responsibility to provide equality of opportunity for education, employment and housing for all persons in the United States regardless of their race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation or disability."