Laura Blackburn (Houston) laura2blackburn [at] gmail.com
- Letter, House Appropriations Rainy Day fund (2.24.17)
- Letter, Senate Finance Comm. Rainy Day fund (2.24.17)
- Testimony SB 1, Article II-Health and Human Services (1/31/17)
Coalitions and Resources
- LWV-TX on the Budget - 'Financing Texas Government: Not Just Trimming the Fat, but Scraping the Bone' (2011 paper)
- Center for Public Policy Priorities: This is one of our best resources. Keep in touch with them on facebook and twitter!
- Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts' Texas Transparency website Whether you're here for detailed information about state spending, datasets you can download and use, links to local government transparency efforts, or even general information about the state budget process, we are pleased to offer this one-stop spot for what you're looking for.
- Texas Legislative Budget Board The Legislative Budget Board (LBB) is a permanent joint committee of the Texas Legislature that develops budget and policy recommendations for legislative appropriations, completes fiscal analyses for proposed legislation, and conducts evaluations and reviews to improve the efficiency and performance of state and local operations.
- Texas Forward Coalition advocating for public investments that improve people's lives.