The LWV of Hays County is known and respected throughout the area for a wide range of voter services: voter registration drives, local forums and debates, Vote411 online, and the distribution of the printed Voters Guides in local newspapers. All are services that citizens throughout Hay County rely on for unbiased election information.
- The League of Women Voters is where hands-on work to safeguard democracy leads to civic improvement.
- The League is nonpartisan; we do not support or oppose candidates.
- The LWV is committed to diversity and inclusion. There are no barriers to participation in any activity of the LWV on the basis of gender, gender expression, gender identity, race, ethnicity, political or religious beliefs, age, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, or socio-economic status. That's right: Men are members too!
- It’s a bargain! A membership with LWV of Hays County gives you a membership with both the state (LWVTexas) and national League of Women Voters of the United States (LWVUS). You will receive newsletters from LWVTexas and LWVUS, as well as information from your local League.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in local, state, and national League work
- Your opinion is valued and your voice is heard. LWV believes that grassroots initiatives and consensus building are the strengths of our organization.
- You'll receive exclusive civic information you can trust.
- You'll have the opportunity to use your skills and gain new ones.
- You'll know that your membership dues add to our grassroots strength.
Join us and be part of the solution!
As you know, when you join our local LWV of Hays County, you are also joining something much bigger – the State and National LWV organizations. What you may not know is that most of what you pay in annual dues, collected by our local League, is sent to pay for dues in these organizations. For the combined memberships, the current annual dues are $60.00 for an individual and $90.00 for a household.
It's easy to join! First, complete the online membership form, or to pay by check, print out the printable membership form, write a check for your chosen membership or sponsorship level, and mail it to the address on the form. OR choose your level on the Membership Form and pay online.