Updates from Susybelle Goslee (Dallas) Hazardous Waste Issue Chair
Coalitions and Resources
- Texas Nuclear Safety Coalition Texas Nuclear Safety is a campaign being organized by the Sierra Club's Lonestar Chapter, the Texas office of Public Citizen, and the Sustainable Energy and Economic Development Coalition (SEED). These groups oppose recent moves to make Texas a national dumping ground for radioactive waste.
- Alliance for a Clean Texas Alliance for a Clean Texas (ACT) is a Texas coalition, where environmental, public interest, consumer-rights and faith groups have joined forces to work for clean, healthy communities.
- Environmental Defense Fund Environmental Defense Fund's mission is to preserve the natural systems on which all life depends. Guided by science and economics, we find practical and lasting solutions to the most serious environmental problems.
- Environment Texas Environment Texas is a citizen-based environmental advocacy project of Environment America. We believe there's something special about Texas -- something worth protecting and preserving for future generations.
- Sierra Club Texas Welcome to the Sierra Club's Lone Star Chapter! We are the oldest grassroots environmental organization in Texas. We believe our open spaces, clean water, and natural resources should be protected so that current and future generations may enjoy them.
Promote policies to reduce the generation and promote the reuse and recycling of solid and hazardous wastes. Nuclear Issues. Promote the maximum protection of public health and safety and the environment.
The public has a right to know about pollution levels, dangers to health and the environment, and proposed resource management policies and options. The public has a right to participate in decision-making at each phase in the process and at each level of government involvement.