¿Por qué debo Votar?
Why Should I vote?
- Your Vote, Tu Futuro. This web-video series will cover the importance of voting, a basic overview of government and party structures, where to find candidate information, Texas' voter-ID law, and the methods the voter can utilize to ultimately cast their ballot.
- Mi Familia Vota Education Fund (MFVEF) is a national non-profit organization working to unite the Latino community and its allies to promote social and economic justice through increased civic participation. LWV-TX note: Offices in Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio
- MALDEF Texas Founded in 1968, MALDEF is the nation's leading Latino legal civil rights organization. Often described as the "law firm of the Latino community", MALDEF promotes social change through advocacy, communications, community education, and litigation in the areas of education, employment, immigrant rights, and political access. LWV-TX note: Amazing work on protecting your right to vote!
- LULAC The Mission of the League of United Latin American Citizens is to advance the economic condition, educational attainment, political influence, health and civil rights of the Hispanic population of the United States. LWV-TX note: Provides voter registration
- Southwest Voter Education Project founded in 1974, is the largest and oldest non-partisan Latino voter participation organization in the United States. Voter engagement:" Has an office in San Antonio. LWV-TX note: look for Latina votes and Spanish voter education materials
- Advocacy Alliance Center of Texas, AACT Now was established to unite community organizations, hospitals, businesses, large employers, schools, universities and financial institutions, as well as various state and national partnerships to cultivate voter empowerment in South Texas. The mission of AACT is to educate, engage and empower the community by providing a network of support to successfully mobilize and register voters across the country, region, and state. LWV-TX note: What a great resource for the Valley!! Watch their excellent Videos! Here is one! No Right to Complain"
No Right to Complain
- NALEO Educational Fund is the nation's leading 501(c) (3) non-profit organization that facilitates full Latino participation in the American political process, from citizenship to public service.
- Las Comadres Para Las Americas, a 501(c)(3) organization is an informal internet-based group that meets monthly in many US cities to build connections and community with other Latinas. LWV-TX note: provides voter registration
- Voto Latino is a pioneering civic media organization that seeks to transform America by recognizing Latinos' innate leadership. Through innovative digital campaigns, pop culture, and grassroots voices, we provide culturally relevant programs that engage, educate and empower Latinos to be agents of change LWV-TX note: Excellent Voter Pal app that prepopulates the voter registration information from you drivers license. Be aware you still need to print, sign and mail in application.
- National Council of La Raza Since 1968, the UnidosUS—formerly known as NCLR has remained a trusted, nonpartisan voice for Latinos. This is the community we serve through our research, policy analysis, and state and national advocacy efforts, as well as in our programs work in communities nationwide. LWV-TX note: Nice registration app
- Univision: Vote for Your America! Election Guide LWV-TX note: Excellent bilingual voter information app. Be cautious about lack of online voter registration in Texas. Voters must print, sign, and mail in the application.