Updates by Jensie Madden (Comal) Land Use Issue Chair
2017 Special Session
- Land Use - Anti Local Control of Community Trees SB 14 (7.22.17)
- 2017 Special Session Local League Member Call to Action on Tree Ordinances
2017 Legislative Session
- Land Use HB 3036 (4/11/17)
- Land Use SB 1796 (4/10/17)
- 2017 Legislative Session Action Paper Water Quality in Edwards Aquifer
Coalitions & Resources
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality strives to protect our state's public health and natural resources consistent with sustainable economic development. Our goal is clean air, clean water, and the safe management of waste.
- The Hill Country Alliance is a passionate community caring for the unique features, spring-fed streams, heritage ranch lands, spectacular beauty and culture of the Texas Hill Country for the benefit of future generations.
- Greater Edwards Aquifer Alliance promotes effective broad-based advocacy for protection and preservation of the Edwards Aquifer, its springs, watersheds, and the Texas Hill Country that sustains it. The Edwards Aquifer is the source of the largest springs in Texas and the sole source of drinking water for more than 1.5 million Central Texas residents
- Twelve steps Houston can take to address our flooding problem - Houston Chronicle (8/31/17)