We are planning our first ever online Zoom Convention webinar Saturday April 18 at 1:00 pm.
The League of Women Voters of Texas is going high tech! The convention will be held online in a Zoom webinar to take action on key business items - adopting a budget, board member elections, and voting on the program(s) for the next biennium. In this streamlined convention, only delegates will be in attendance. If you are interested in being a delegate, please check with your local League president asap, as the deadline to submit delegates names has passed, but your League may still have openings for delegates. A separate email with details of the convention, the caucus Q&A's on the budget and program and practice session will be sent to delegates.
The LWVTX board of directors is considering various options for the workshops and speakers that are such an integral part of the convention. Possibilities include some combination of convening a meeting in the fall/winter and hosting webinars.
- nominate and vote on the Texas League's leadership, the board of directors;
- review and vote on the budget; and
- review and vote on Texas League program updates.
All of the information regarding the board nominees, the budget and the program proposals can be found in the Convention Workbook below:
- April 9 - Noon - 1 PM - Budget Q & A
- April 10 - Noon - 1 PM - Convention Practice Session
- April 14 - 1-2 PM - Program Caucus
- April 18 - 1 - 3 PM - LWVTX 2020 Convention - Delegates will be pre-registered by the office and receive an email with the details to log on.