Stephanie Swanson Redistricting Issue Chair email: Pinpoint00@gmail.com
For more information see the Voting Rights and Election Laws in Texas
Coalition Web Sites and Resources
- 2017/18 Redistricting Pamphlet Print & share with interested Texans or your legislator.
- LWV US Redistricting ACTION Kit The League of Women Voters believes responsibility for redistricting preferably should be vested in an independent special commission, with membership that reflects the diversity of the unit of government, including citizens at large, representatives of public interest groups, and members of minority groups . This Action Kit provides tools for League members to take action in your community or state related to redistricting
- League members interested in the Redistricting Issue may join the LWV US Google group to discuss redistricting, share information and plan for the future. Sign up here
- Texas Legislative Council(TLC) a nonpartisan legislative agency that provides bill drafting, computing, research, publishing, and document distribution services to the Texas Legislature and the other legislative agencies. The TLC works on redistricting. Play with the interactive redistricting maps!
- Degerrymandering Texas A great resource!
- Redistricting Texas Style By the Texas Politics Project at The University of Texas
- Find your district on a map
How to Improve Redistricting Locally
- Austin Redistricting can be a Road Map for Nation, Austin American Statesman Saturday, Sept. 5, 2015
- Road Map to Citizen Redistricting; (LWV Austin Area) This document is a tool for Independent Citizens Redistricting Commissions in Austin and other cities nationwide.
- Voting Rights Act; Redistricting information
- Texas Constitution Sections 25 - 28 of Article III
Section 25 provides for state Senate districts to be drawn
Section 26 provides for the state House districts (and includes the requirement to adhere to a county's boundaries when the county population suffices by itself to serve as a district)
and Section 28 provides the authority and the process for the Legislature to draw the districts.
- National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL); Redistricting
- Perez v Perry the May 30, 2017, Texas redistricting case.
- All about Texas redistricting Texas Legislative Council; Texas Redistricting
- State and Federal Law Governing Redistricting in Texas Texas Legislative Council (2011)