Increase the visibility of your League and the League's mission with social media and online technology.
*Ready to use will be available here before each statewide election: Election Sample Social Media Content & Voter Education Graphics, YouTube videos & LWVUS Social Media graphics and messages & PSAs.
- Use the County Website Elections Information Checklist to evaluate your League website for up-to-date information!
- ElectionTools.org has excellent simple tools and images to use on voter and election websites.
Upgrade Your Website to MyLO Now!
The League of Women Voters of Texas recently upgraded their website to the My League Online (MyLO) service offered by the League of Women Voters of California. This new website-building platform offers a variety of bonuses for local Leagues in Texas. With optimized search engine work, this site is designed to interact with your local League site and increase engagement.
With MyLO, you can...
- have your state AND National League content automatically posted to your local League website when you sign up for a MyLO website
- co-host events with the state LWV as well as other local LWVs so the event appears on their websites as well
- choose from several new designs and menus!
How do you get started transitioning to a MyLO site? Visit our special web page to read and sign the MOU/Service Agreement. After payment is made, in a matter of two weeks or less your new MyLO site will be up and running!
How do you get help?
- Written and video documentation
- Google peer group
- Email your question/concern to our ticketing customer service: tomylo [at] lwvc.org
- Call the MyLO Team: 916-442-7215
Three ways to promote the League's mission through social media!
1. Start with a FaceBook page. Named "League of Women Voters of -----"
2. Share League events, local voting, election, & gov't information, pertinent community info and events.
3. Follow & share LWVTX & LWVUS & local League posts
Promoting Voting and Elections on Social Media
- Chat with others and get great ideas! Join the LWVUS New Media Facebook private group
- Administrators must Become verified on Facebook to boost or advertise your community's Voters Guide, VOTE411.org, voting & elections.
LWVTX Policy & Procedures
- Review LWV-TX Policies & Procedures A Manual for State and Local League Boards page 12 for social media policy guidelines.
LWVUS Communication for Leagues Resources
- LWV US Social Media Tool Kit with Guidelines
- Use this waiver template for photo and video shoots of your League events!
- LWVUS list of LWV Communication Resources
- Shared Photo Database for all Leagues
- Communications Training and Presentations
- Manage Your League Online Communication Website and Social Media
General How to
Leagues on Twitter:
- LWV US: Twitter @lwv, Facebook Leagueofwomenvoters
- LWV TX: Twitter @lwvtexas, LWVTX Facebook, LWVTX Pinterest, LWVTX YouTube Channel, LWVTX Tumblr LWVTX Instagram
- Local Leagues: Twitter: @LWVofDallas @LWVHouston @lwvkerrville @LWVRichardson @LWVSAA @lwvatx @lwvmidlandTX @LwvCCTX @lwvdenton @LWVCyFair @ @lwvlavaca @lwvcomal