Our Units are a wonderful place to become better informed about topics of interest to the residents of Tarrant County and to know those League members in your area of the County. Your presence will make a difference and your voice counts.
Due to COVID-19, all unit meetings have been moved to Zoom for the foreseeable future. Please email lwvtarrant [at] gmail.com to request an invitation.
- August: General Meeting: Getting to Know You; review of changes to units and realigning units; reminding members how to train as VDR, poll watcher, or election clerk. TOPIC - Vote by Mail: Process and Issues
- September: Virtual meetings held Tuesday and Thursday evenings, Sept. 22 and 24 at 6:00pm, members must contact either Peggy Hendon or Pam Wright to be put on virtual “invitation” list. Members may attend one meeting or the other (or both!) The Environmental Committee will present their current efforts to keep nuclear waste out of Tarrant County
- October: Campaign Finance and Transparency: Virtual meeting options are Tuesday and Thursday evenings Oct. 20 and 22 at 6:00pm
- November: Environmental Committee to present Sustainability Study efforts on November 17 and 19 at 6:00pm
- December: Holiday Party DATE TBD
- January: Information about Observer Corps and training for those interested January 19 and 21 at 6:00pm
- Possible for February: State Legislative actions to date
Contact lwvtarrant [at] gmail.com for more information.
Unit Topics for 2020 - 2021
- January 2020 - Review and possible revision of our local Program
- February 2020 - State Legislation vs. Local Control
- March 2020 - Cancelled
- April 2020 - Cancelled
- May 2020 - Units meet at own discretion. Plan to attend the Annual Meeting via Zoom.
Environmental Committee is meeting periodically. Contact Linda Hanratty at llswenard47 [at] gmail.com for information on future meetings.