To be eligible to register to vote a person must:
- be at least 17 years and 10 months of age;
- be a United States citizen;
- be a resident of the county where registering;
- not have been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be
- totally mentally incapacitated; or
- partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote
- not have been finally convicted of a felony or, if so convicted, must have:
- fully discharged the person’s sentence, including any incarceration, parole, or supervision, or completed a period of probation ordered by any court; or
- been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disability to vote
Check your Registration
- Go to VoteTexas.gov to check your registration.
- Tarrant County residents may also check their status at gisit.tarrantcounty.com/TCVL.
Register to Vote or Update your Name and/or Address
- Visit Vote411.org/register for a voter registration tool powered by Rock the Vote.
- Forms are also available at your local library.
Texas does not have online voter registration.
However, if you need to submit a Name and/or Address change within the same county in which you are currently registered to vote, you may update your registration online through TX Secretary of State and TexasOnline.
If you have moved to a new county, it is necessary to re-register.
If for any reason you cannot register yourself, your spouse, parent or child may complete and sign a voter registration application for you - with your permission - as long as that person is a registered voter or has applied for voter registration.
New applications or changes must be received by the Elections Office by the 30th day before any election in which you want to vote. If that day falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline moves forward to the next business day. See Important Dates.
Voluntary Deputy Registrar (VDR) Program
LWV Tarrant County periodically organizes group training events for those who wish to become VDRs in order to help register residents to vote. A VDR is only able to collect registration applications for the county(ies) in which they are trained/appointed. Appointments are good through the end of every even-numbered year. Current VDR appointments expire on December 31, 2020.
Check our calendar for current events.
If you wish to become a Tarrant County VDR, but are unable to attend one of our group trainings, visit the Tarrant County Elections Administration website to learn about other in-person and online alternatives:
If you would like to request Volunteer Deputy Registrars (VDRs) for your event to help individuals register to vote, please email emerkel.lwv [at] gmail.com (Voter Services).