Coalitions & Resources
- The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) strives to protect our state's public health and natural resources consistent with sustainable economic development. Our goal is clean air, clean water, and the safe management of waste.
- Alliance for a Clean Texas (ACT) is a Texas coalition, where environmental, public interest, consumer-rights and faith groups have joined forces to work for clean, healthy communities.
- Environmental Defense Fund's mission is to preserve the natural systems on which all life depends. Guided by science and economics, we find practical and lasting solutions to the most serious environmental problems.
- Environment Texas a citizen-based environmental advocacy project of Environment America. We believe there's something special about Texas -- something worth protecting and preserving for future generations.
- Sierra Club Texas The oldest grassroots environmental organization in Texas. We believe our open spaces, clean water, and natural resources should be protected so that current and future generations may enjoy them.
- Texas Tribune Reservoir Levels Interactive Map Using data collected from the Texas Water Development Board's Water Data for Texas site, we have built a map that visualizes the current state of Texas' reservoirs. The map auto-updates daily with new data.
- Texas Water Conservation Scorecard By the Texas Living Water Project.
- Texas Leadership Roundtable on Water Full Report; October 2014 Recommendations
- Texas Impact Water 101 Report 2015
- Texas Living Waters Project's Surface Water and Groundwater Connection
- Texas Water Foundation
- The Texas Tribune; Trib + Water is a newsletter published every two weeks by The Texas Tribune and the Meadows Center for Water and the Environment at Texas State University. Curated by longtime journalist Carol Flake and edited by Tribune Newsletters Editor John Reynolds, Trib+Water includes the top news, events, research, data and other features on water issues in Texas, as well as relevant issues across the region and nation.
- TWDB =- Texas Water Development Board
- GCD = groundwater conservation district
- GMA = groundwater management area
- GAM = groundwater availability model
- RPG = regional planning group
- MUD = municipal water district
- TCEQ = Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
- SWIFT= State Water Implementation Fund for Texas
The League of Women Voters of Texas supports the proposition that water is a natural resource and should be managed for the benefit of the people and the protection of the environment. Further, water conservation should be mandatory, with adequate citizen education for effective water stewardship.