If you are eligible, apply now to vote at home and stay safe! The deadline to apply is Oct. 23!
Who can vote by mail in Texas?
- 65 years or older
- Sick or disabled
- Out of the county during early voting and election day
- In jail but otherwise eligible to vote
The Election Code defines disability as “a sickness or physical condition that prevents the voter from appearing at the polling place on election day without a likelihood of needing personal assistance or of injuring the voter's health.”
Texas Secretary of State
A voter can take into consideration aspects of their health and their health history that are physical conditions in deciding whether, under the circumstances, to apply to vote by mail because of disability.” The elections office has no legal authority to require voters verify their disability to apply for ballot by mail.
The Texas Supreme Court
- Center for Disease Control list of People who Are at Higher Risk for Severe Illness
- Learn more: Voters with Disabilities
- Questions or concerns? Please contact the Secretary of State at (800) 252-VOTE or Texas Voter Protection 800.252.VOTE(8683) or your county election official