The Winona Smith Scholarship is open to Vermont residents in their senior year of high school. Recipients must demonstrate an interest in civic participation and community service, have a need for financial aid, and come highly recommended by one of his or her instructors. Scholarship money can be used for tuition for college, vocational training, or other career-oriented preparation. See the Winona Smith Scholarship page for more information.
Additionally, a recommendation from a teacher or school representative is required to complete your application. Please have a teacher or school representative use this form to submit a scholarship applicant recommendation indicating why he/she believes you would be a fitting recipient for the Winona Smith Scholarship Award.
The application deadline is May 1, 2020. Scholarship recipients will be chosen by June 1, 2020.
Both Essays are Required.
- Essay 1: Select an issue concerning voting rights or practices and briefly tell us your thoughts about it.
- Essay 2: Choose a recent civic, national or world event and briefly describe your thoughts about it.
Please fill out the form below.
- You will be able to review your application before submitting.
- Your application is not complete until we also receive a teacher or counselor recommendation directly from them.
- All information submitted is confidential and is for the sole use of the Scholarship Committee.