In 2020 We'll Be Celebrating the 100th Birthday of the Ratification of the 19th Amendment with These Events:
- January 17th and 18th: Kick-off celebration with Sequim's Olympic Theatre Arts (OTA) presenting The Lillian Carter Story with local actress Carol Swarbrick Dries, who portrayed Miss Lillian Carter in a one-woman show in New York City last year.
- January 30th: Selected excerpts from the play Shattered Ceilings, celebrating women of the Suffrage Movement. A Studium Generale presentation at Port Angeles' Peninsula College.
- Three weekends in February beginning February 21st: Olympic Theatre Arts (OTA) presents the musical play Quilters, about the lives of American Pioneer women.
- March/April: To be announced, possibly an event at Port Angeles Playhouse involving students.
- Summer: We'll be celebrating throughout the summer at local fairs, festivals, and at the Olympic Winery - so watch for us, and come on over to say hello!
Interested in Being a Part of the Celebration?
If you would like to join the Centennial Committee to volunteer for any of the above events, send your contact info to info [at] lwvcla.org with the subject line Centennial Volunteer to let us know.