The LWV of Beloit supports:
- the council/manager form of city government.
- a city manager or administrator who is hired by the city council on the basis of qualifications and experience, after publicly advertising the vacancy.
- a city council elected at large on a non-partisan ballot.
- a uniform code of ethics for elected officials, department heads, and commission members.
- a method of appointing citizens to advisory boards and commissions which is as open as possible. All pending vacancies should be published, posted, and announced at Council meetings prior to the appointment, and all names submitted for appointments should be kept and considered for future vacancies.
- (1995 - revised: Hansen, McCormick, Page, Pineles, Swannack)
- (1990 - revised: Johnson, Carr, Schoenfield, Hansen, Bloedorn, Kepplinger, Page, Swannack, McCormick)
- (1980 - Forbeck, Stoner)
SEE ALSO: Affirmative Action: Public Institutions in the SOCIAL POLICY SECTION
League to which this content belongs:Beloit