The Wisconsin League of Women Voters points out how important it is to communicate with our legislators: "Most legislators will tell you that if 15 or 20 constituents contact them about an issue, they know it is an issue they need to address." So it is worthwhile to contact legislators who are responsible for legislation.

It is also important to contact your state and federal representatives and tell them when you appreciate their efforts on your behalf. Take the time to make your positions known.

StateOfficials       Federal Officials       Local Officials


State Officials

Governor Scott Walker: PO Box 7863, Madison WI 53707 + phone 608 266-1212; fax 608 267-8983. Email: //lwvspa.wi.lwvnet.org/wis-gov [at] gov.state.wi.us">wis-gov [at] gov.state.wi.us.

State Sen. Julie Lassa, D-Stevens Point, 24th Senate District: P.O. Box 7882, Madison WI 53707-7882 + phone: 608 266-3123, 800 925-¶491. Email: //lwvspa.wi.lwvnet.org/Sen.lassa [at] legis.wisconsin.gov">Sen.lassa [at] legis.wisconsin.gov.

State Rep. Katrina Shankland, D-Stevens Point, 71st Assembly District: PO Box 8953, Madison WI 53708. Phone: 608 267-9649, 888-534-0071, 715 342-8985. Email: //lwvspa.wi.lwvnet.org/Rep.Shankland [at] legis.wisconsin.gov">Rep.Shankland [at] legis.wisconsin.gov.

State Rep Amy Sue Vruwink, D-Milladore, 70th Assembly District: PO Box 8953, Madison WI 53708. Phone: 608 266-8366, 888 534-0070. Email: //lwvspa.wi.lwvnet.org/Rep.Vruwink [at] legis.wisconsin.gov">Rep.Vruwink [at] legis.wisconsin.gov. Wisconsin Legislative Hotline: 800 362-9472.

Federal Officials

President Donald J. Trump: 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington, DC 20500,

Comments: 202-456-1111
Switchboard: 202-456-1414

U.S. Senator Ron Johnson: 2 Russell Courtyard, Washington, DC 20510, Phone: 202 224-5323, Email contact form: www.ronjohnson.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/email-the-senator.

U.S. Senator Tammy Baldwin: 1 Russell Courtyard, Washington, DC. 20510. Phone: 800 224-5653, Email contact form: www.baldwin.senate.gov/contact

U.S Rep. Ron Kind: 1502 Longworth House Office Building, Washington DC 20515. Phone: 202 225-5506, Email contact form: https://kindforms.house.gov/email-ron.

Local Officials

Portage County elected officials are listed on the Portage County Website.
See municipality that you live in for its officials