Why Join the League of Women Voters?
When you join the League of Women Voters, you add your voice to a group of women and men in your community who empower voters and defend democracy. As a member of the League of Women Voters, you are also a member of the local, state, and national Leagues. LWVHF members are also automatically members of the Cook County League and the LWV Lake Michigan Area. You are adding your voice to a powerful force of members from all 50 states, Washington DC, the Virgin Islands, and Hong Kong.
By participating in League projects, you will contribute valuable services to the community working to ensure that ALL votes are counted and ALL voices are heard In addition, you will have the opportunity to:
- discover new interests, develop new skills, and learn about crucial issues in your community.
- make professional contacts and develop lasting friendships as you meet others in League who share your interests.
What Else is Included with My Membership?
You'll have the opportunity to:
- Register voters
- Help host community forums
- Help provide voters with the election information they need
- Help educate your community
- Gain knowledge and experience through the study of important topics
- Meet and interact with passionate activists
- Assist in planning and hosting educational and position-based programs, programs covering a wide range of topics including environmental issues, gun control, voting issues, etc.
- Find your own niche
- The State League newsletter
- LWVHF Bulletin
- Invitations to national and statewide programs as well as the Annual Meetings
- News about key issues in state and local government
- Legislative action alerts
How Much Time Does Take?
That's totally up to you. Some members simply want to support the league with their annual dues. Others want to stay informed and take a more active role by getting involved in some of the activities described above.
Your membership alone gives us the political influence needed to build a voice for citizens and a force for change. We cover a broad spectrum of issues and concerns; you may choose to become involved in one or more of them by actively participating in a group study, listening to a panel of experts at a meeting, or just reading about them in one of our publications. We hope that you will use your membership as a chance to become more involved in your community and to meet others who share your interests and concerns.
How Do I Join?
It's easy! Annual dues are $70/individual, $105/household and $35/student. You can join by completing the form below and submitting your payment using Zelle or PayPal. If you prefer, you may download the membership form and mail your completed form along with your check to:
League of Women Voters Homewood-Flossmoor Area
P. O. Box 801
Flossmoor, IL 60422