We are all equal at the ballot box, but only if we vote. We engage millions of voters every year ensuring Americans have the information they need to participate in elections that determine our future.
• Register to vote if you have yet to do so at Vote 411 or at R.I. Secretary of State.
• Get the latest updates on R.I.'s upcoming elections and learn more about voting-by-mail at R.I. Board of Elections and what the League is doing.
• Fill out the 2020 U.S. Census. We want to ensure that Rhode Island continues to receive the federal funding it deserves, and we keep two U.S. House Representatives.
• Support the League's People Powered Fair Maps campaign and ensure that R.I. puts the power of drawing districts in the hands of ordinary Rhode Islanders and not legislators. Sign a petition and show your support for proposed amendments to the R.I. Constitution to create an independent redistricting commission at Redraw RI.
• Read the House or Senate bills that would pave the way for an independent redistricting commission in Rhode Island.
We're excited to share Part 1 and Part 2 of the League of Women Voters of the Tennessee Valley's 19th Amendment Centennial project. Part 1 covers the period 1848-1920 and Part 2 covers 1920 until the present.
The Missouri House voted 98-58 on May 13 to approve SJR38. The resolution asks voters in the November election to replace Amendment 1’s redistricting reforms with a system that allows unprecedented racial and partisan gerrymandering.