The League of Women Voters Los Alamos will hold a forum for candidates running for the Los Alamos Public School (LAPS) Board/Bond Question and the University of New Mexico-Los Alamos (UNM-LA) Advisory Board. Come at 6:30 p.m. for refreshments.
The forum will begin at 7 p.m.with LAPS Superintendent Kurt Steinhaus who will explain the school bond question.
LAPS Board Candidates:
- Position 3 (District 3 Aspen Elementary): Morrie Pongratz, Christine Bernstein;
- Position 4 (District 4 Barranca Elementary & Middle School): Julia Baker, Melanie Colgan; and
- Position 5 (District 5 Mountain Elementary and High School): Dawn Jalbert.
All three school districts are in the Los Alamos townsite.
All positions are four-year terms.
UNM-LA Advisory Board Candidates:
- Position 3: Patrick Soran, Laura Burrows, David Hampton; and
- Position 4: Stephen Boerigter, Christopher Luchini.
All County residents can vote for all positions.
Election Day is Nov. 5; early voting begins Oct. 8 in the Los Alamos County Municipal Building.