The White Plains Common Council held its regularly-stated monthly meeting on Febuary 6, 2023. A public hearing on a zoning change for 303-317 North Street was set for March 6.
The council approved:
- Receipt of a grant of $20,000 for a Youth Bureau program and spending $15,000 on another Youth Bureau program
- Property tax refunds of more than $178,000
- A capital project to improve the Kittrell Park basketball courts at a cost of $200,000
- Extending site plan approval for 303-317 North Street and City Square (formerly the Westchester Financial Center)
- A grant from NYSERDA for an electric vehicle
- Contracting with four communities in Westchester County to assist them in developing Grandpas United Mentoring Programs
The interim six-month financial report was released, showing a slight increase in the surplus of revenues over expenses compared to 2021 and a $12 million increase in the unassigned fund balance since 12/31/21.
The Common Council also held a work session on January 30, 2023, and discussed an ordinance reducing the citywide speed limit to 25. The list of streets to be exempted from the change will be decided on before it is finalized.
At the Citizens to be Heard session, several people spoke for and against 5G while one spoke on the importance of nonprofit organizations in maintaining the quality of life as the city grows and two on the redevelopment of the Galleria.