The White Plains Common Council held its regularly-stated monthly meeting on March 6, 2023. A public hearing on a zoning change for 303-317 North Street, to allow a nursing facility for young adults in lieu of senior housing for which there is no market, was held and the ordinance was tabled until April 3. A hearing on an outdoor dining permit for 191 Mamaroneck Avenue was set for April 3.
The council approved:
- Receipt of grants totalling $187,334 for various Youth Bureau programs
- Property tax refunds of more than $47,000, mainly to commercial properties
- Several capital projects and the related borrowing of $120,000
- Extending site plan approval for 146 Westmoreland Avneue
- A resolution amending the purchasing policy and procedures to include environmentally-friendly purchasing specifications
The Common Council also held a work session on February 27, 2023, and heard presentations on three capital projects, a WP Hospital plan for a new parking lot on W. Post Road, and a computer program developed by the Building Department.
At the Citizens to be Heard session, several people spoke for and against 5G while others spoke on the development at 303-317 North Street and on the redevelopment of the Galleria, affordable housing and nonprofit organizations, and representation of all community groups on the council.