At its November 4, 2019, meeting, the White Plains Common Council:
- Approved a three-year contract ending June 2021 with the Professional Fire Fighters Association.
- Approved a project to repair Longview Avenue and the associated borrowing.
- Transferred $128,000 from the sale of 146 Orawaumpum St. to the Debt Service Fund.
- Scheduled a public hearing on December 2 for a hospital pedestrian bridge.
- Removed 13 city-owned parcels, mainly on Sunset Drive and Hilltop Drive in Woodcrest Heights, from the tax roll and dedicated them to open space.
- Raised water rates approximately 4%, the smallest increase in years.
- Approved an agreement with the New York Knicks for a youth basketball clinic and other opportunities. Maybe the kids can teach the Knicks to play.
At the Citizens to be Heard session before the meeting there was just one speaker, this was on the subject of health benefits for retired firefighters, which issue will apparently be resolved soon.
Submitted by LWVWP Board Member Clifford Blau
The calendar of upcoming meetings for the various boards and agencies can be found at https://www.cityofwhiteplains.com/853/Common-Council-BoardsCommissions-Mtgs-Ca
Meetings and Citizens to be Heard can be viewed at http://whiteplainsny.swagit.com/live/ or on your government cable access channel.