Since 1920, the League of Women Voters has been a leader in empowering citizens and defending democracy.
- Encourages active participation in elections by providing nonpartisan information about candidates, issues, and how to vote
- Works to protect and expand people's access to elctions and their government
- Provides information people trust about major public policy issues
- Takes positions on public policy matters and lobbies for change
- Recruits and develops women and men to be members and leaders