We want you to join the League of Women Voters. Everyone is welcome!
As a member, you will:
- have the opportunity to participate in local, state, and national League work
- get exclusive civic information you can trust
- know that your membership dues add to our grassroots strength and our financial resources.
Who Are the Members?
Membership in the League of Women Voters, the most respected and effective grassroots organization in the country, is open to men and women of all ages. Our members make a visible difference by serving as community leaders using their experience to create positive, lasting change in our communities.
Why Should I Join?
Through participation in League projects, you will:
- contribute valuable service to the community
- gain knowledge and experience through the study and discussion of timely and important topics
- discover new interests, develop new skills and learn about crucial issues in your community
- make professional contacts and develop lasting friendships as you meet others in League who share your interests
How Much Time Does it Take?
It's up to you! Many members choose to support the League only with their annual dues. Your membership alone gives us the political influence needed to build a voice for citizens and a force for change. We cover a broad spectrum of issues and concerns; you may choose to become involved in one or more of them by actively participating in a group study, or listening to a panel of experts at a meeting or just reading about them in one of our publications.
What Do I Get?
You automatically become a member of LWV Wisconsin and LWV of the United States. You will receive their publications along with the newsletter from the Greater Green Bay League of Women Voters called LWVGGB E-Newsletter which is usually published 10 times each year . You will have the knowledge that you are adding your voice to a powerful force of members from all 50 states, Washington DC, the Virgin Islands, and Hong Kong.
How Do I Join?
It's easy! Just complete the membership form below . Contact us at 920-430-0190 or mail to:
Green Bay, WI, 54305-1923
- $60 One Individual Membership
- $85 One Individual Sustaining Membership
- $10 One Student Membership
- $90 Household Membership (covers most but not all of the cost of state and national membership)
- $115 Household Sustaining Membership (covers the full cost of state and national membership)
Your dues are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Please write your check to: League of Women Voters of Greater Green Bay.
Member Assistance Policy
- ASSISTANCE: For both individual and familymemberships, the assistance will range from 10% to 90% of the membershipfee, depending upon the need of the applicant.
- TERM OF ASSISTANCE: One year and not automatically renewable.
- NUMBER OF RECIPIENTS: There will be no limit on the number of recipients per year. The total amount of assistance given per year will be determined by a line item in the budget under Membership Assistance.
- ELIGIBILITY: Recipients must understand the purpose of the League of Women Voters.
- SELECTION PROCESS: Current members who know an individual that meets the above eligibility criteria would: a) with that individual’s permission, forward that individual’s contact information (name/address/email/phone), together with a brief statement clarifying the ways in which that individual meets the eligibility requirements, to the LWVGGB President, or b) invite that individual to contact the LWVGGB President directly. Once the LWVGGB President receives this information, the President will discuss the request first with the applicant and then with the LWVGGB Treasurer; together they will decide whether to grant the financial assistance, and, if granted, the amount of the assistance.
- CONFIDENITALITY: Only the President,Treasurer, and the applicant will be made aware of the request and the decision.
- REPORTING: The President will notify the applicant of the decision. If the decision is granted and the individual accepts the assistance and sends to the Treasurer the balance of the membership dues, 1) the Treasurer will notify the Membership Chair that the individual is a new member, current in dues, and 2) the Treasurer will notify the Board of Directors that membership assistance has been granted to an individual, and will report the amount of assistance given to new and renewing members.
Join us and be part of the solution!