- Because the last day to register to vote in the local Wellesley election (March 6) is Wednesday, February 14th. Your elected town officials affect your day-to-day life in Wellesley more than you know! (electricity, water, snowplows, sewers, safe restaurants, library, open space, housing, schools! Just to name a few).
- Because the last day to register to vote in the Massachusetts State Primary Election (Sept 4th) is Wednesday, August 15th. If you’re enrolled in a party, you have a voice in selecting your party’s candidates. If you register as “no party” or “unenrolled”, you’ll be able to select your ballot of choice once you arrive at the polls.
- Because the last day to register to vote in the Massachusetts General Election (November 6th) is Wednesday, October 18th. The 2018 State Election is incredibly important! all 435 US Congressional seats are open for election, and one of Massachusetts’ two US senatorial seats, currently held by Elizabeth Warren, will be decided. Additionally, we will elect our Governor and other state officials and decide on ballot initiatives.
To be eligible to register to vote, you must be:
- A US Citizen
- 18 years of age on or before the date of the election.
- 16-year-olds may pre-register, which automatically converts to registration on the 18th birthday.
- Provide a valid driver's license number or the last four digits of SSN
HOW CAN I REGISTER?
League to which this content belongs:Wellesley