What We Believe: The League of Women Voters believes in the power of women to create a more perfect democracy.
Vision: We envision a democracy where every person has the desire, the right, the knowledge and the confidence to participate.
Mission: Empowering Voters. Defending Democracy
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization encouraging informed and active participation in government. It works at the local, state and national level to influence public policy through education and advocacy.
A new board was elected at the Annual Convention on May 6, 2023.
Click here for the bylaws for LWV of Missouri.
League of Women Voters of Missouri
8706 Manchester Road, Suite 104
St. Louis, Missouri 63144-2724
lwvjointoffice [at] gmail.com
Our Core Values
- We are a nonpartisan political membership organization.
- We believe that grassroots initiatives and consensus building are the strengths of our organization.
- We believe that our organization models the principles of good governance.
- We consider well before taking action and prepare well before beginning to act.
- We believe that citizenship requires knowledge, as well as the ability and will to act.
- We believe that the responsibility of good government rests on the shoulders of its citizens.
- We believe that the rights of citizens at home and abroad are interdependent.
Our members are also members of the League of Women Voters of the United States.