This section includes information specifically geared to help educate Local League Leaders on things from basic leadership and strategic planning, to skill development areas such as attracting visibility, recruiting new members and increasing your fundraising. We encourage you to explore this section plus the website as a whole.
YOUR RIGHT TO VOTE IN NEW YOUR STATE
|Individuals with Disabilities
|Individuals with Mental Health Disabilities
|Individuals with Criminal Convictions and Those Detained in Jail or Prison
ROAD TO THE VOTING BOOTH (RESOURCES FOR LOCAL LEAGUES)
- Part I Handbook for Voter Service Directors
- Part II Handbook for Candidate Events
- Part IIA Toolkit for Candidate Events (Samples and Examples)
- Part III How to Conduct a Successful Voter Registration Drive
- Part IIIA Toolkit for Voter Registration Drives (Samples and Examples)
- Get Out the Vote Toolkit (Samples and Examples)
- 2019 Guidelines for Candidate Events
- GOTV While Social Distancing
Toolkit on ideas to get out the vote during this time of social distancing
Links for Local Leagues
|FIND YOUR LOCAL LEAGUE||STATE CONVENTIONS & COUNCIL|
|IN LEAGUE||REGIONAL TRAINING WORKSHOPS|
|LOCAL LEAGUE BULLETINS||MERCHANDISE|
|STATE BOARD UPDATES (SBUs)||STATE VOTER NEWSLETTERS|
JOIN THE STATE LEAGUE'S EFFORTS TO REVIEW ITS POSITIONS
We are looking forward to working with local Leagues and members on the two specific updates approved at Convention in June (Constitutional Convention Position and Financing Healthcare) and the first two of our planned updates of different sections of Impact on Issues (Election Law and Government.) A thorough and complete review of Impact has been a major theme of program planning for the last couple years and was made more feasible by the recent changes made by the board to the update and study processes. Read more
STATE NEWS FOR LOCAL LEAGUES
- 2018-19 Education Foundation Annual Report
- State Board of Elections Petition Filing Calendar
- League’s Education Foundation 2017-18 Annual Report
The accomplishments of the League’s Education Foundation last year are documented and photographed in the new Annual Report. See it here.
- State Board Updates - October 2019
Additional League SBUs can be found on the State Board Updates page of this website.
- State Voter - October 2019
STATE ENVIRONMENTAL NEWS
- Make every day Thanksgiving. VOTE with your consumer dollars to prevent food waste.
Beth Radow, chair of the NYS League’s committee on Energy, Agriculture and the Environment has prepared a BE EARTHWISE GUIDE for you to VOTE with your consumer dollars and daily practices to toss less food & feed more people while saving money and our natural resources.
- Watch Beth Radow’s interview with League member Ina Aronow on the environment and making a difference against climate change--with a focus on food.