Community Legal Help Project
Website Resources for Clean Water
EANY May 30, 2019 Conference speakers included:
- Maureen Cunningham - Senior Director for Clean Water, EANY
- Tyrand Fulller - Director Office of Strategic Initiatives and Lead Hydrogeologist, Suffolk County Water Authority
- Joan Leary Mathews - Senior Attorney and Director, Urban Water, Healthy People and Thriving Communities Program, Natural Resource Defense Council
- Jason Hime - Supervisor, Bureau of Drinking Water, Suffolk County Dept of Health Services, Office of Water Resources
The following additional resources are available:
- View the status of bills in NY State (and indicate your support or not)
- Visit the EPA's superfund website to find Superfund sites (contamination sites). I found 16 Superfund sites in Suffolk County on the website!
- The NY Public Interest Research Group (NYPIRG) distributed informative report on emerging contaminants in NY drinking water
- The Michigan PFAS 2019: Scientific and Policy Assessment for Addressing PFAS Chemicals in Drinking Water
- EANY distributed a publication they wrote, "Advocacy Training Toolkit: A Citizens Guide to Responding to Contaminated Drinking Water'. To find out more about EANY, visit their website.
- Visit the Citizens Campaign for the Environment website on 1,4 dioxane