VIRTUAL ANNUAL MEETING 2020
Saturday, June 6 ~ 9 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
To download the Annual Meeting materials, click here.
RSVP by June 1 at form below.
New This Year!
While we can’t gather face-to-face for the League’s Annual Meeting this year, the show must go on! In 2020, we will be meeting virtually through Zoom, an online meeting platform. The virtual meeting is a first for LWVK . . . but probably not the last!
Why Have an Annual Meeting?
The League’s Annual Meeting sets the stage for the next program year: the organization’s operating budget is approved, local program is determined, officers and directors are elected, changes to the bylaws are approved, and a general direction is given to the board. Our bylaws require that the Annual Meeting take place annually in June.
Are You Ready to Zoom?
We hope so! We are ready for you! To be sure that everything goes smoothly—for you and for us—the LWVK board is offering training sessions on how to use Zoom that will give you a chance to practice before the meeting.
Here’s what you need to do now so you’re well-prepared for the Annual Meeting:
- Review the information packet here, and have it available for reference during the meeting.
- Read the minutes of last year’s meeting.
- RSVP by June 1 at the form below to let us know you’re coming.
- RSVP at the form below to join a Zoom training session.
- If you don’t have access to the Internet, call 614-407-6088, and we’ll help you team up with another Leaguer to view the meeting—using proper social distancing, of course!
Access to the Meeting
We won't be posting the link to the June 6 meeting on website pages for security reasons. Access information will be in the May 5 VOTER newsletter, newsletters updates on May 14 and June 1 and an email on June 5. If you need assistance, email lwvkent [at] gmail.com, including the morning of the event, and we'll send you the access information.
When You Join the Zoom Meeting
Here's what you need know when you join the zoom meeting:
- Be sure to click the “Join with computer audio” button after launching the Zoom application.
- You may have to wait in the “waiting room” until the host welcomes you in.
- You will be muted by the Meeting Host for the duration of the meeting unless you are a presenter or “unmuted” by the host to speak.
- You will be able to see the list of participants by clicking on the “Manage Participants” button. From there, you can click on the “Chat” button if you want to say hello or start a conversation with another participant.
- The “Chat” button also should be used to send questions to our Zoom Tech Team or to the person assigned to take questions about the meeting.
- Follow the agenda (in the meeting packet that you printed) throughout the meeting to help you identify the speakers.
- The meeting leaders will explain the voting procedures for the meeting.
LWVO PRESIDENT UP ON THE 'BIG' (OR LITTLE) SCREEN FOR LWVK VIRTUAL ANNUAL MEETING 2020! Iris Meltzer, president of the League of Women Voters of Ohio and a member of the Kent League, will be talking to members about the Ohio League’s advocacy efforts, including voter registration and the precedents that were set in relation to voting during the COVID-19 pandemic.
During the meeting, we will have the drawing for the new set of “COVID At-Home Office” wireless headphones for those who completed the Health Equity Surveys and submitted the number of surveys!
It’s really a lot of fun to see people online, and we are confidant that you will get the “hang of it” quickly. Please take advantage of the training if you are new to online meetings. The Tech Team of Jen Kinney, Sherry Rose and Renee Rochotzke have experience in training and online systems and a real desire to help fellow Leaguers. See you online June 6!
If you have questions, email them to lwvkent [at] gmail.com or call 330-688-9545.
Please complete the survey below and submit it! Thank you!