We want you to join the League of Women Voters. Everyone is welcome!
As a member, you will:
- have the opportunity to participate in local, state and national League work
- get exclusive civic information you can trust
- know that your membership dues add to our grassroots strength and our financial resources
- contribute valuable service to the community
- gain knowledge and experience through the study and discussion of timely and important topics
- discover new interests and develop new skills
- make professional contacts and develop lasting friendships as you meet others in League who share your interests
Who are the members?
Membership in the League of Women Voters, the most respected and effective grassroots organization in the country, is open to men and women, 16 years and older.
Many members choose to support the League only with their annual dues. Your membership alone gives us the political influence needed to build a voice for citizens and a force for change. We cover a broad spectrum of issues and concerns; you may choose to become involved in one or more of them by actively participating in a group study or listening to a panel of experts at a meeting or just reading about them in one of our publications.
What do I get?
You automatically become a member of LWV Ohio and LWV of the United States. You will receive their publications along with the online publications from the Kent League of Women Voters.
Next Steps for Joining/Renewing
- Read about the membership options. Click here.
- Fill out the form for new or renewing membership. Click here.
- Pay for a new membership or renew. Click here.
- Receive a confirmation and thank you, automatic with our payment.
- Receive a contact from member to start your League involvement.
Here is an explanation of our membership dues structure.
- Dues are tax-deductable.
- League annual dues for one person are $60.
- Adding a person or persons from your household is $30 each per year. The household shares printed membership materials. However, online communication goes to each person's selected email.
- Student dues are $5 per year.
- You may also pay more that $60 for an annual membership and help us expand our organization by supporting others to join.
- You may pay an amount that fits your budget.
After paying members' state and national dues, the League of Women Voters of Kent receives about $3 per member from a standard $60 membership. With membership at about 140, we must find other ways to raise funds to sustain our organization.
- Pay by check so LWV Kent benefits from your membership dollars at the local level. Make your check for new or renewing memberships to LWV Kent and mail to: G. Pytel, 613 N. Willow St., Kent, Ohio, 44240.
- If paying online and we realize that is a necessity for a growing number of members, please consider covering the PayPal processing cost of your membership. PayPal charges 2.2 percent and $.30 per transaction. That amounts to the following or an approximation:
SELECTED DUES AMT PROCESSING FEE $5 (Student Dues) $0.41 $10 $0.52 $20 $0.74 $30 (Added Household Member) $0.96 $40 $1.18 $50 $1.40 $60 (Standard Annual Dues) $1.62