We are pleased that you want to renew or become a League member!
- If you join using the LWVSD Member-At-Large option, you are not joining the Aberdeen, SESD, Sioux Falls, or Pierre League. You will get updates and alerts as a member-at-large (MAL) from the state League and the national League, but not the local Leagues.
- If you join a local League such as the Aberdeen League (at the individual or student level), you will get national, state, and Aberdeen alerts and updates, but not Sioux Falls, SESD, or Pierre. The same is true for joining each of the other local Leagues; you will receive only alerts and updates for your local League in addition to the national and state alerts and updates. Each of the local member levels includes the national (LWVUS) membership.
- If you prefer to send a check, send it to LWV South Dakota, PO Box 1572, Sioux Falls, SD 57101. Be sure to include your contact information and the membership level you want.
Who are the members?
Membership in the League of Women Voters, the most respected and effective grassroots organization in the country, is open to men and women of all ages.
Our members make a visible difference by serving as community leaders using their experience to create positive, lasting change in our communities.
Why should I join?
- contribute valuable service to the community
- gain knowledge and experience through the study and discussion of timely and important topics
- discover new interests, develop new skills and learn about crucial issues in your community
- make professional contacts and develop lasting friendships as you meet others in League who share your interests
How much time does it take?
It's up to you! Many members choose to support the League only with their annual dues. Your membership alone gives us the political influence needed to build a voice for citizens and a force for change. We cover a broad spectrum of issues and concerns; you may choose to become involved in one or more of them by actively participating in a group study, listening to a panel of experts at a meeting, or just reading the updates in one of our publications.
What do I get?
You automatically become a member of LWV South Dakota and LWV of the United States. You will receive their publications along with the newsletter from the South Dakota League of Women Voters called The Voter which is usually published 2 times each year. You will have the knowledge that you are adding your voice to a powerful force of members from all 50 states, Washington DC, the Virgin Islands, and Hong Kong.
How do I join?
It's easy! Just fill out a form.
Contact us at
We'd be happy to answer any questions you might have.
If you prefer to donate to us without joining our organization, we would appreciate your support.