This page has information related to the Tax Ratification Election, November 6, in some school districts.
LWV Dallas sponsored two panel discussions on state and local public education funding on August 30, 2018. The purpose of the meetings was to educate the public about:
- the process of funding Texas’ public education
- the differences in cost and efficiencies
- the explanation that equality is not the same as equity
- the effect of funding on local school districts
- and a number of other factors that affect the quality of education in the state and Dallas Independent School District and other Texas districts.
The League of Women Voters, a nonpartisan political organization, encourages informed and active participation in government and influences public policy through education and advocacy.
The events were DOES CURRENT STATE AND LOCAL FUNDING PROVIDE FOR A QUALITY EDUCATION? (Lunchtime) and DOES CURRENT STATE AND LOCAL FUNDING PROVIDE FOR A QUALITY EDUCATION? (Evening). Media on this page is from these events.