Government should be responsible and equitable in delivering services, economical in operation, visible and accessible to all citizens.
In order to provide effective and efficient delivery of services, the following criteria should be applied when appropriate to proposals for consolidated or privatized services:
- Reduces duplication of services
- Provides economies of scale
- Protects public health and safety
- Sets geographic boundaries which are appropriate to the need for service
- Provides benefits that out weigh the costs
Adopted 1980; Amended 1993, 1994