NOVEMBER ELECTION VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNTIES
- ELECTIONS DEPARTMENT SUPPORT Volunteer for the League by unfolding absentee ballots, staffing the phone bank and helping with the canvass after the election. Volunteer opportunties begin in mid October and continue post election. This is a great opportunity to strengthen League bonds with other members and friends of the LWV. Email Liz Shields, VP, Voter Service at eliz44 [at] yahoo.com
- Volunteer for Yes on P Fresno for clean, safe neighborhood parks, trails, recreation and arts. Volunteers are needed for canvassing neighborhoods, phone banks and addressing postcards. If you have any time available go to www.fresnoforparks.com and click on the volunteer link or contact LWV member, Cathy Caples at cathy [at] fresnoforparks.com for more information.
There are ongoing volunteer opportunities available for members, students and community members. Hours vary based on the position and time of the year, most offer opportunity to attain 30 hours during the academic year. All volunteers will have a mentor to guide them. Below is a brief job description. Click on job that interest you for more information.
- Internet Assistant-Gather and complie background information on county general plans.
- Marketing Assistant-Create and distribute advertising materials for League events.
- Media Assistant- Assist with collecting, collating information into email blasts and maintaining email list.
- Observer-Regularly attend meetings and summarize actions taken.by governmental entities.
- Techinical Assistant-Water -Research and report out on matters relating to groundwater recharge, and methods, strategies, and regulations to reduce nitrate levels in groundwater.
- Video Production Assistant-Assist with script development, videography, video editing,and post production for short TV programs and public service announcements.