The Los Angeles League of Women Voters offers interested individuals over 18 years old an opportunity to serve as unpaid interns. We offer both remote opportunities and some in person opportunities at the League's mid-Wilshire office as well as through off-site projects throughout the Los Angeles area. If requested, League interns can earn hours for service learning/civic engagement. Student interns will receive appropriate documentation of hours and tasks accomplished as required by their academic programs. Internships are offered year-round, with schedules and hours jointly determined by the intern and the League.
You do not have to be a student to intern with us, we welcome all adults over 18.
Why Should I Apply?
- gain valuable experience with a nationally respected nonprofit organization
- receive strong letters of recommendation upon completion of internship
- build your resume to improve employment opportunities
- learn about nonprofit management and office administration
- learn about the electoral process and the role of the local, state, and U.S. League of Women Voters
Responsibilities and Assignments
Each internship is planned based on individual circumstances, time and skills, and involves a collaboration that engages the intern, LWVLA member-mentors, and the LWVLA staff. Most interns work in the office mentored by LWVLA's Executive Director and the Administrative Assistant. Some interns work directly with LWVLA committees engaged in research and problem solving related to League positions.
- Assist League staff and/or League members on various designated projects
- Answer telephones and assist with general questions
- Internet and data systems technical support
- Assorted bookkeeping tasks
- Assist with membership mailers
- General Administrative filing
- Event planning
- Community Outreach
- Voter Registration
- Special projects
How to Apply
For further information contact:
Mona Field: internships [at] lwvlosangeles.org or
The League office: 213-368-1616.