Based on our positions, we review bills before the Hawai'i State Legislature and Hawai'i County Council and take action in support of or opposition to certain measures. We also advocate around focus areas, such as voter rights and transparency in government.
- The Hawai'i State Legislative Reference Bureau's Public Access Room (PAR) provides the public with information, facilities, and services to assist them as they engage and participate in the State legislative process
- Testimony, HB 2200 Relating to the State Budget - appropriations for COVID-19 and 2020 Elections, May 11th, 2020
- Testimony, SB75, SD2, Proposed HD1 Relating to Appropriations, - appropriations for COVID-19 and 2020 Elections, May 11th, 2020
- News article: "League of Women Voters seeks smooth transition to mailed ballots," Feb. 21st, 2020, West Hawaii Today
- News article: "League of Women Voters seeks smooth transition to mailed ballots," Feb. 4th, 2020, Hawai'i Tribune-Herald
- Letter to Editor: "Err on the side of caution and open more Voter Service Centers," Jan. 28th, 2020, West Hawaii Today
- LWVHC Letter to County Council requesting additional Voter Service Centers and public consultation on VSC locations
- LWVHC Letter to Legislators requesting support of Automatic Voter Registration (AVR) through bills SB2005 and HB2119
- LWVHC Letter to Charter Commission requesting that amendments NOT be combined, and that ballot language be published in advance and publicly for voter awareness and education (Nov. 26, 2019)
- 2020 Session Calendar for State Legislature
- Which 2020 Deadlines Apply to Your Bill?
- News article: "League of Women Voters to help register voters" as a National Voter Registration Day partner, Sept. 11th, 2019, Hawai'i Tribune-Herald
- Hawai'i Charter Commission Update - August 8, 2019 - Report by LWVHC Secretary, Joan Plaz
- News article: "Mail-in Voting Bill OK'd," May 2nd, 2019, Hawai'i Tribune-Herald