Upcoming book discussion:
Join us on Thursday, December 3rd at 6:00 p.m. at Wesley United Methodist Church (14 N May Street, Aurora, IL). We are able to meet in the church with masks and following social distancing guidelines of 6 feet apart.
Our book for December: Once I Was You - A Memoir Of Love And Hate In A Torn America by Maria Hinojosa.
This is exciting for our League because Maria Hinojosa is our own Bertha Baillie's sister! Her new book is available at bookstores everywhere now.
Other books we've read:
- How Democracies Die by Steven Levitsky and Daniel Ziblatt
- White Fragility: Why It's So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism by Robin DiAngelo
- The Broken Ladder: How Inequality Affects the Way We Think, Live, and Die by Keith Payne
- The Woman's Hour - The Great Fight to Win the Vote by Elaine Weiss
- The Women's Suffrage Movement edited by Sally Roesch Wagner with a foreword by Gloria Steinem