Open Call to Members:
We need your expertise and talent! Get involved in the 100th anniversary of Women’s Right to Vote!
The CKC LWV 2020 Celebration of Women's Right to Vote Committee is hard at work preparing for our 100th Anniversary beginning in March 2020. Here is what we are doing:
- Creating a touring display of artifacts and documents related to women's suffrage in Illinois. Displays will be placed in local libraries and historical museums.
- Marching in community parades to showcase the importance of voting and commemorating all those who worked on our behalf to give women the right to vote.
- Presenting a program to community groups highlighting the 80-year history of the suffrage movement culminating in the ratification of the 19th amendment.
- Hosting a juried art contest with a theme based around the importance of voting.
Here’s where you can help and make our celebration one to remember:
- If you have any documents or artifacts relating to the early years of the LWV in central Kane County, we would like to borrow them for the display.
- If you are creative, we need help designing the display and its contents.
- If you love a parade, volunteer to march alongside your fellow league members.
- If you know a community group that would like us to make a presentation, let us know and we will be there.
- If you support the arts, join us in creating a show that will memorialize the significance of the 19th amendment and raise awareness about the importance of voting in all elections.
Ready to sign up? Reply "You can count on me!" to email@example.com and we will get right back to you on the best way you can make our 100th anniversary of women's right to vote one we will not forget.
Looking for more information on the Women's Suffrage Movement? Click Here
I look forward to your ideas and comments - thanks!