- Indiana Primary Election Day is June 2, 2020.
- There will only be 12 voting locations in St. Joseph County.
- You can vote absentee by mail in the Primary Election but must request a ballot by May 21.
- You need not state an excuse to vote by mail.
- Request an absentee vote by mail ballot online
- Go to www.IndianaVoters.com
- Click Vote By Mail or Traveling Board (blue box, middle of the screen)
- At the next screen, click Visit My Voter Portal (blue box, middle of the screen)
- Log into your registration record (requires name, date of birth, county)
- When the Welcome page for your voting record appears, check the information to make sure it is correct.
- Near the bottom of the gray menu on the left, click Absentee Voting.
- Then click Vote by Mail.
- Continue to follow the on-screen prompts to request your absentee ballot. Having trouble? LWV Indiana has provided these detailed instructions.
- Want other options for requesting an absentee ballot? Visit St. Joseph County Primary Election Information, where you'll also find ...
- sample ballots, including two public questions related to South Bend Community School Corporation
- polling location lists and maps
May 21 is the deadline for the county to receive your request. Act now!
Who's on your ballot and what do they have to say about the issues? Visit www.Vote411.org to learn more
Check your absentee ballot! When you receive your absentee ballot, be sure to check it for accuracy. St. Joseph County voters who ALSO live in the South Bend Community School Corporation district should have two "public questions" on their ballots. Ballots sent to 17-year-old registered voters should NOT include these public questions, because 17-year-olds who will be 18 by the November 3 General Election are eligible to vote only for candidates in the Primary Election, not the public questions.
- If you have already requested an absentee ballot by mail, under the deadlines of the originally-scheduled May 5 primary election, your request will be honored.
- Voters must re-apply for an absentee ballot each election. If you apply to vote by mail for the Primary Election, you must reapply to vote by mail for the November General Election.
- You must be registered to vote in order to vote in the June 2 Primary Election. The voter registration deadline was May 4.
League to which this content belongs:The South Bend Area