UAW Local 5
1426 S. Main StreetSouth Bend Indiana
Monday, December 10, 2018 - 6:00pm
This year’s Community Celebration of the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights will be at 6 pm on Monday, December 10 at UAW Local 5, 1426 S. Main St., South Bend. There is no cost for the event, but the organizers would like to know if you will be attending. You can find the event invitation on the League's Facebook page, and these are the details provided in the invitation by the organizers:
- 19th Year Celebrating the United Nations signing of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights This year we are highlighting Article 14 The Right to seek Asylum.
- We will start the program with a little history of why this article was an important right. We can't repeat the History of the St. Louis and the 264 asylum seekers who were returned to their deaths. We have a similar crisis today.
- We must reform our Immigration Laws, and policies that make asylum a realistic goal for folks. We must not turn our collective backs on their plight for a better life.
- Afterwards we will celebrate with food and friendship. Linden Grill has been contracted to provide their specialty of Chicken Wings and their sauces.
- You are invited to this free event just let us know at JobsWithJustice [at] sjvp.org or call me at 574 292 8137 if you are coming. Food provided by SJVP Jobs with Justice.
The League is a co-sponsor along with many other community organizations.