We want you to join the League of Women Voters. Everyone is welcome!
Join with more than 150,000 League members in greater Akron and across the country who care about making our society more civil and democratic and our government more responsive and accountable.
Thank you to current members who are visiting this page to renew their memberships.
As a member, you:
- have the opportunity to participate in local, state and national League work.
- get civic information you can trust.
- know that your membership dues add to our grassroots strength and our financial resources.
- contribute valuable service to the community.
- gain knowledge and experience through the study and discussion of timely, important topics.
- discover new interests and develop new skills.
- make professional contacts and develop lasting friendships as you meet others in the League who share your interests.
Who are the members?
Membership in the League of Women Voters, among the most respected and effective grassroots organizations in the country, is open to anyone 16 years and older.
You automatically become a member of LWV Ohio and LWV of the United States. You will receive their publications along with the online publications from LWV of the Akron Area.
How to Join/Renew
- Fill out the form for new or renewing memberships OR click here to download and print the form to fill out and return with your payment by postal mail.
- Receive a confirmation and pay.
- Click here to download and print the volunteer areas of interest profile.
MEMBERSHIP DUES STRUCTURE FOR NEW/RENEWING MEMBERS
- League annual dues for one person are $70.
- Adding a person or persons from your household is $35 each per year. The household shares printed membership materials. However, online communication goes to each person's email.
- If you are 29 years of age or under, membership is only $10!
- You may make an additional contribution and help us expand our organization by supporting others to join.
After paying members' state and national dues, LWV of the Akron Area receives about $15 per member from a standard $70 membership. With membership at about 100, we must find other ways to raise funds to sustain our organization.
We ask members to consider these options:
- Paying by check so LWV of the Akron Area fully benefits from your membership dollars without the cost of PayPal processing fees of more than $2 for a single $70 membership. Make your check for new or renewing memberships payable to LWVAA and mail to: LWVAA, P.O. Box 5449, Akron, OH 44334.
- Paying online via PayPal.
- Making an additional contribution:
to LWVAA (not tax-deductible)
to LWVAA Education Fund (tax-deductible)
Because LWVAA conducts advocacy we are organized as a 501(c)(4), therefore dues are not tax-deductible. You can make a tax-deductible contribution through the LWVAA Education Fund.