For the answers to the most frequently asked questions about Election Day, check out the LWV Ohio Voter Q&A Series and share with your friends on Facebook.
- The next election in Hamilton County is Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2020 for a general election.
- The polls will be open on Nov 3. from 6:30 am to 7:30 pm. Early Voting states on October 6, 2020. You must be registered to vote by October 5, 2020 in order to participate in this election. Remember to update any address or name change by this date also!
- Vote411.org provides a customized ballot, candidate profiles, full ballot language information, and, post-election results. Data is supplied by the League of Women Voters, candidates, and the Board of Elections.
BE AN INFORMED VOTER! The 2020 Voter Guide will be available in October. To pick up Voter Guides for your organization, please email info [at] lwvcincinnati.org or call 513-281-8683. Be sure to say how many you'll need and provide your contact information.
Quick Voting Tips for Ohio
- Remember to bring proof of identity to the polls when you vote. To learn more about acceptable forms of identification, visit the Ohio Secretary of State's website.
- The polls are open 6:30 a.m- 7:30 p.m.
- To find your voting location in Hamilton County go to Vote411 or call the Hamilton County Board of Elections or the League of Women Voters (513-281-8683).
- You may register at any Bureau of Motor Vehicles office, any municipal building, any branch of the Hamilton County Public Library or at the Hamilton County Board of Elections, 4700 Smith Rd.
- Voter registration closes 30 days before a General, Primary or Special Election. To inquire about your voter registration or where you vote contact the Hamilton County Board of Elections.
Voter Registration Event Request
If your organization has an upcoming event where you would like to see non-partisan voter registration efforts. You can fill out a Request Form and send it to info [at] lwvcincinnati.org.
Speakers' Bureau Request
If your organization has an upcoming event at which you would like a speaker on voting how-to's or on ballot issues, please fill out this form and you will be contacted about your event.
Registration and Voting in Ohio
Are you registered to vote? Do you want to change your party, your address, your name? What will happen on Election Day?
- LWVCA Voting Facts covers information on who may vote, how to register, absentee voting, election day voting and provisional ballots.
- Recently moved? Update your Ohio Voting address online through Ohio's Secretary of State website here.
- Online Voter Registration Form from the Hamilton County Board of Elections.
- Click here to find out if you are registered to vote with the Hamilton County Board of Elections.
- Click here to request an absentee ballot from the Hamilton County Board of Elections.
- Click here for voter registration information if you live in Warren County.
- Click here for voter registration information if you live in Butler County.
- TIPS for Voters in Hamilton County (PDF)
- Consejos para Votantes (Español) (PDF)
- How to judge a candidate
- Best practices for candidates meetings (PDF)
- Definitions of Ballot and Election Terminology (PDF)
Voting in Kentucky
See information from the League of Women Voters of Kentucky.
Voting in Indiana
See information from the League of Women Voters of Indiana.