IMPORTANT DATES FOR 2020 GENERAL ELECTION
- September 19, 2020 - LWV of Kent's Face2Face Candidate and Voters Event - 9:00 am- 12:00pm
- September 19, 2020 - Portage County election information available at vote411.org.
- October 5, 2020 by 9:00 p.m. - Voter Registration Deadline for the General Election
- Downloadable Portage County Voters' Guide available here(link will not be live until after Oct. 5, 2020).
- October 6, 2020 - Absentee and early in-office voting begins
- November 2, 2020 - Postmark deadline for absentee/mail-in voting ballots
November 3, 2020 Election Day! Polls Open 6:30 a.m.- 7:30p.m. Drop off absentee ballots at your Board of Elections
Request your absentee ballot now! Click here to download the application from the Portage County Board of Elections.
OHIO IN-PERSON EARLY VOTING HOURS
- October 6 - October 16: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. In-person early voting
- October 19 - October 23: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. In-person early voting
- October 24: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. In-person early voting
- October 25: 1p.m. - 5 p.m. In-person early voting
- October 26th - October 30: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m. In-person early voting
- October 31: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. In-person early voting
- November 1: 1p.m. - 5 p.m. In-person early voting
Voting is the most powerful way to have your voice heard. It is the core of our democracy. It is your chance to stand up for what matters to you most and impact the issues affecting you, your community, and the future. In order to exercise your right, you must be registered.
Click links for more information about registering and casting your vote in Ohio
Download th Fall 2020 General Election Voters' Guide
by clicking here after Oct. 5, 2020.
Where do I find election information? Like what precinct I live in?
You can find information about candidates and issues at vote411.org. Check the LWV Kent calendar of events for candidate forums usually a month before elections. You can also download our Voters' Guide to print at home.
LWVK Voter Services Committee
The League of Women Voters of Kent provides many services to facilitate participation in the voting process including voter registration, registration lookup, and providing absentee ballot applications. Find out how you can help by contacting Voter Service Chair Jen Kinney at lwvkvoterservice [at] gmail.com.