Adopted in 1976. Restudied and updated 1999-2000.
Support for an effective plan, program, and facilities to serve each child in trouble in order to benefit the child, the family, and the community. Services and facilities available to juveniles in Coos County should include all of the following:
- A county detention facility that at least meets minimum state standards for jails.
- A shelter home for temporary placements
- The existing boys' and girls' "ranches" treatment facilities should be expanded as needed for adequate space and services.
- Foster homes and foster group homes and a home for severely emotionally disturbed teenagers
- Screening for medical and/or learning disabilities among youths placed in detention.
- Sheriff and city police departments with at least one officer trained in working with juveniles.
- Adequate court time available for juvenile cases and an adequately funded and staffed Juvenile Department.