All governmental bodies and organizations should:
1. Facilitate equitable access to current information about all public meetings open or closed. This shall include all information about the meetings, agendas, and reports. This information should be made accessible to the public with reasonably sufficient time for citizen response and/or input.
2. Ensure that equitable opportunities exist for public input from multiple platforms and provide ample opportunities for citizens to participate in the civic process.
3. Ensure that sufficient input from citizens is allowed at public meetings and recorded in the minutes.
4. Comport with State and local laws regarding the recording of public input and availability of public meeting minutes.
5. Ensure transparency for citizens about all policies, practices, evaluations, and decisions of the organization.
6. Conduct regular and consistent evaluations of civic engagement processes utilized in the gathering of public input in order to improve citizen participation and public trust with the goal to improve governmental effectiveness.