Support use of the jail facility, provided revisions and renovations occur as required by law as well as alternative programs for adult misdemeanants.
Position In Brief:
- Improve recreation programs and facilities within the jail.
- Continue library, vocational, educational, and ombudsman programs within the jail.
- Support work furlough programs and the farm program.
- Continue substance abuse program, especially self-supporting aspect.
- Encourage pretrial and post-trial alternatives.
- Encourage mediation/arbitration programs as a diversion from the court system for misdemeanants only.
- Support restitution when applicable.
- Maintain adequate fiscal support for work-alternative programs.
League to which this content belongs:Humboldt County