Transportation Education & Advocacy Resources
Links to Organizations Concerned with Transportation
- Alliance for Community Transit Los Angeles http://allianceforcommunitytransit.org/
- Blue LA (electric vehicles, car sharing) https://www.bluela.com/
- Fight for the Soul of the Cities http://fightforthesoulofthecities.com/
- Fixing Angelenos Stuck in Traffic http://fastla.org/
- LA CoMotion https://www.lacomotion.com/
- LA Metro https://www.metro.net/
- MoveLA http://www.movela.org/
- Multicultural Communities for Mobility http://www.multicultimobility.org/
- Rail Users Network (RUN) http://www.railusers.net/
- Sierra Club Committee on Transportation and Sustainable Communities https://www.sierraclub.org/california/cnrcc/transportation-and-sustainable-communities
- Southern California Transit Advocates https://socata.net/
- UCLA Institute for Transportation https://www.its.ucla.edu/
- The Transit Coalition. http://thetransitcoalition.us/index.htm
- Investing in Place. https://investinginplace.org/
- LA County Bicycle Coalition. https://la-bike.org/
- Bottles, Scott L. Los Angeles and the Automobile. Berkeley, CA: University of California Press, 1991.
- Caro, Robert. The Power Broker: Robert Moses and the Rise and Fall of New York. New York: Vintage, 1975.
- Florida, Richard. The New Urban Crisis How Our Cities Are Increasing Inequality, Deepening Segregation, and Failing the Middle Class and What We Can Do About It. New York: Basic Books, 2017.
- Fulton, William. The Reluctant Metropolis: The Politics of Urban Growth in Los Angeles. Baltimore, MD: Johns Hopkins University Press, 2001.
- Jacobs, Jane. The Death and Life of Great American Cities. New York: Vintage, 1992. [Reissue]
- Schwartz, Samuel. Street Smart: The Rise of Cities and the Fall of Cars. New York: Public Affairs Press, 2015.
- Speck, Jeff. Walkable City: How Downtown Can Save America, One Step at a time. New York: North Point Press, 2012.
- Walker, Jarrett. Human Transit: How clearer thinking about public transit can enrich our communities and our lives. Washington, DC: Island Press, 2011.
This action alert is related to which committees:Advocacy Committee