The YES! (Youth Empowered Solutions!) Committee of the League of Women Voters of Los Angeles has a list of resources for teachers and students. These resources can be utilized when designing civic education projects, which can also fulfill high school requirements for service learning.
Click on the links below to access (PDFs):
- LWVLA positions that students could study and develop an action
- Definition of service learning / civic engagement
- LAUSD example of civic engagement project
- Ways to work with Los Angeles City Councilmembers and LAUSD School Board members
- Classroom resources for teachers
The YES! Committee works in partnership with the following entities: